Question: copper t iud

princess58 - Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:58 am

I had an iud inserted on tuesday ,I was so shocked and overwhelmed with the whole ordeal that when my ob-gyn asked if I had any ?'s my mind had gone blank. I wasn't really prepared for the situation but that was totally my fault. I originally wanted the depo but my ob-gyn said that they had stopped using it because it causes bone loss in young woman !? Any way as I was saying I am still pretty scared and I'm not sure when I can start having intercourse with my partner again !? I have very little spotting now and no pain at all.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:38 pm

You can have intercourse whenever you want and are comfortable with it. There is no waiting period and it is effective immediately if it's inserted within seven days after the start of your period. Otherwise, you'll need to use a backup form of contraception (such as condoms) for the first seven days after you get your IUD.