Question: My period smell bad after stop takin B.C pills 2months ago

Roxie01model - Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:46 pm

is it normal for a woman period to smell bad after quitting birthcontrol pills?
I stopped taking them in sep and this is nov now. Does it mean that i am pregant? or my body is going back normal? I got a very faint line in sep and all the other ones where neg. I and a little worried because my period never smelth like this before its with a little clots and tissue like a little.
Thank you
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:56 pm

Odor is not a symptom of pregnancy but more likely some type of infection. It is also not typical to have this after stopping oral contraceptives. You will need to see a health care provider for a proper diagnosis if this smell continues.