Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Tilted Back Uterus

 pleasehelp730 - Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 pm

I was told by my doctor that I have a tilted back uterus which is sitting on rectum... not to long ago I started to have uncontrollable foul smelling gas... I don't know if this is a result of it but it's impacting my life to the point to where I want to quit my job and just stay in the house for the rest of my life. Can you please help me in any way you can?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would suggest seeing a gastroenterologist or internal medicine specialist since you bowel is affected. It may or may not be related to the uterus placement but further studies would be needed. There may be some treatment options for this. Otherwise a tilted uterus is usually not a problem for most women.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us