Question: Tilted Back Uterus

pleasehelp730 - Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:43 pm

I was told by my doctor that I have a tilted back uterus which is sitting on rectum... not to long ago I started to have uncontrollable foul smelling gas... I don't know if this is a result of it but it's impacting my life to the point to where I want to quit my job and just stay in the house for the rest of my life. Can you please help me in any way you can?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:52 pm

I would suggest seeing a gastroenterologist or internal medicine specialist since you bowel is affected. It may or may not be related to the uterus placement but further studies would be needed. There may be some treatment options for this. Otherwise a tilted uterus is usually not a problem for most women.