Question: Leaking brown urine, smelly fluid after period finished.

squirrelc17 - Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:14 pm

I finished my period last sunday and since then i have had a brown fluid leaking from me, it is not a sitcky discharge, almost like it in my urine. but slowly leaking the whole time and there is an unpleasant odour.
i have had to wear a sanitary pad the whole time for the past week.

I am not on the pill but take 2 pills (transanemic acid (SP??) and mexafemic acid(sp??))to reduce heavy bleeding during my period.
I am a virgin so it can't be sexually related.
i am quite worried and find it very difficult to go to the doctor as i work full time and don't get much notice of days off. i also find it very embarrasing.
is there anything i can do???
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:53 pm

Sometimes old blood can be released following a period and it will be brown rather than red. But, it should not be continuous so you should see a doctor if it doesn't stop on its own. There are infections you can get that are not sexually transmitted so you need to be sure of a correct diagnosis and treatment - only possible by seeing a health care provider.