Question: xray and pregnancy

ashleyb821 - Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:41 pm

I recently had an xray of my back and it showed the pelvis. Inside the pelvis area there was a white oval shaped mass. What could this be and could I be pregnant?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:53 pm

It would be impossible for us to say what the mass is that was discovered on the x-ray. The abdominal cavity holds many organs. You must consult with your doctor on this. As for pregnancy, you can take a home pregancy test if you are concerned. I would think if the technician felt the "mass" was pregnancy, you would have been alerted right away by your doctor who would be getting your x-ray results.