Question: really need advice please

demetra - Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:27 pm

tomorrow i will be 10 days late, but i am getting cramps, and all my period symptoms, but nothing is coming, he withdrew everytime, test came up negative 2 days ago, could i be pregnant???????? with my first it took being 2 wks late to show a positive test
 AmberS - Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:53 am

Hi Demetra,

Best thing you can do is to go along to your doctor and ask for them to do a blood test checking your HCG levels.

It can take up to a couple of weeks for a positive test to show up in some people - it really depends where in your cycle you have ovulated.

Unfortunately, him withdrawing makes little difference, it really is not an effective method of contraception unless you are charting your cycle as well.

Even small amounts of seminal fluid can lead to a pregnancy - and 'pre-come' - what can be present before penetration can be enough!

HTH

Amber
MD

[/i]
 bethany272 - Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:17 pm

i think you should ask your doctor for a blood test. i went through the same thing with my son and it's the only sure way of knowing.