Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Green discharge

88jrfan - Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:26 pm

For about 2-3 weeks now, I have had a thick green discharge with no itching and not a very strong odor. It reminds of of what I blow out of my nose when I have a bad cold. I know that's gross..but that's what it looks like. There is some very mild cramping that just started. I am 43 and have been married for 20 years. I have had a complete hysterectomy 15 years ago. Everything I look at on the internet points towards a STD. I am certain (I hope) that my husband is faithful. Can you help?
Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:23 pm

User avatar Hello,
Most often something like this is associated with infection so you should see your doctor for accurate diagnosis and treatment. It is not typical to have such a discharge.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us