Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: help something is wrong with my period

 fergy - Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:19 pm

I don't know what's going on here with my body. Something is definatly not right. I have 2 beautiful children. My daughter is 4yrs old. My period came back when she was 6mths. My son turned 1 two wks ago, I still have not gotten my period back. I was on the pill but I'm not anymore. I stopped bf in December. Should I be concerned????
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:28 am

User avatar Hi fergy,
Many things can affect the regularity of menstrual cycles other than pregnancy from illness, stress, to hormone imbalances etc. In some women, when oral contraceptives are stopped it may take 3-6 months to resume regular ovulation and menstruation. If you have not had a recent physical exam, I would suggest an evaluation to rule out any anomalies.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us