Question: Very Early Miscarriage

7Melissa7 - Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:18 pm

I have all the symptoms of an early (very) miscarriage...extremely heavy bleeding, a high number of blood clots, overtiredness, moodswings, I take in an extremely high amount of caffiene every day......I have suspected in the last few days that I could be pregnant...if I atake a pregnancy test will it still say positive if I am in an early miscarriage...and should I still seek medical help, or will it most likely just pass?
 perdrho - Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:20 pm

If your period is on time, but very heavy, it is unlikely that you are pregnant, but the over the counter pregnancy tests are very sensitive and it doesn't hurt to check one. If it's positive, I'd see the doc. If negative-you can feel pretty reassured that this is just one of those bad periods and it will pass. Drink plenty of fluids, rest and take some tylenol. :)