Question: potential Pregnancy situation?

ginger889 - Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:20 am

my period is three days late, i am currently taking Evra which is the patch form of Birth Control. i took my patch off on Wednesday so as to be on my "Off week" and get my period. it hasnt come yet, and yesterday my boyfriend and i had unprotected sex. he didnt finish but i know there is still sperm in pre ejaculate. but i just wanted to know if the hormones delivered from my birth control are still in my system and if it could possibly protect me from a pregnancy? and when would be a good time to take a pregnancy test?
 perdrho - Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:47 pm

If you've applied the patch every week for three weeks and this is not your first month-rest easy, you really should be OK. Sometimes the patch or the pill delays your period for several days, and you should be fine. It does take about 10-11 days post conception for a regular pregnancy test to show positive.