Question: Itching

abbim - Sun Mar 13, 2005 3:33 pm

I need help. My outside lip of my crotch is itching. I thought it might be a form of jock itch and I have been treating this with Lamsil (sp?) for 2 weeks. Then I have switched to Tolfunate for a week now. It is only in one area. It is on my skin on the lip only one side. It has flaky white skin. It itches like crazy. I have to tell myself to not want to itch it. It is sometimes red, but there is NOT any sores. I take a shower on a regular basis and put the Tolfunate lotion for athletes foot and jock itch. What do I do? Keep treating it? Am I using the right medication? What do I need to do?
 Dean M. Mitchell - Mon Mar 14, 2005 3:38 am

Dear abbim,

Try to switch to another lotion, maybe those lotions don't work for you. It can be individual sometimes. See your current physcician about it and have him subscribe new lotion. Or try a skin doctor or your current gynecologist and see what they have to say.
Remeber that labia stretching while applying the lotion can be useful.