Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Pregnant or not pregnant

 alyciaj85 - Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:33 pm

Hey I'm been on birth control sine sept. of this year however i came off for a month while me and my boyfriend broke up and when i went back on we had sex with in the 10 day of taking my pills (and i forgot one not only that but another time with in those 10 days i took it 4 hours late ) :( but anyways we had sex three more times and have not had a period since the 26 on jan. and now its the 15 of march still no period but i had very lite spotting when my period was due i took a test around the 23 of febuary it was negative but my period has never been late in 10 years so what do you like :?:
 splume - Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:59 pm

You might want to try anither pregnancy test... depending on how much pregnancy hormone your body produced, if indeed you are pregnant could affect the outcome of the test. By now, you should be able to get a more precise answer from a test. Also you should try urinating on the stick first thing in the morning, this will be when you will have the most appearance of the pregnancy hormone, if you still come up negative, there could many reasons why you did not have a period. One could have been stress from breaking up with your boyfriend, Or if you recently have taken up a physical activity or have increased any physical activity this could change the pattern of your cycles, the best thing to do is to schedule an appointment with your gyn regardless of the reason, just to put your mind at ease and to correct any problem that may be underlying. Good Luck!!

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us