Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Period or Pregnancy symptoms?

kinsey - Tue Mar 15, 2005 5:28 pm

I am a little bit worried as of now. In mid-February, the 19th to be exact, I had sex with my boyfriend. I had just ended my period, but I continued to have small amounts of blood in my discharge for about two days after sex. My next period should have been yesterday (March 14). It is March 15 and I still haven't started. I don't know my cycle well enough to know the exact date that i should start, but the 14th would be 28 days after I ended my period. I can usually sense when my period is about to occur, but this time it feels different. It is possible that I am just a nervous wreck, but it would be nice to have some answers. I have had bloating, fatige, cramping in my breasts and pelvic area, but I have researched and seen that these are also symptoms of pregnancy. I am scared and my mom is suspicious, for she asks me every day now if I have "started". Could someone help me please? I don't know what to do.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Fri Mar 18, 2005 6:03 pm

User avatar Did you start yet? If you haven't started by now maybe you should get an over-the-counter pregnancy test or make an appointment with your Physician. If you can talk to your Mother about your fears you should, she may be able to offer you wisdom and support that you need right now. Mom's understand more than they're given credit for :lol:

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us