Question: Carcinoma in situ of cervix question

Docin08 - Wed Mar 16, 2005 1:47 am

I have a question the other day I found an enlarged lymph node or something that feels like a lymph node near my left breast, just below the left armpit area close to my ribs. I was just wondering if this has anything to do with my inguinal lymph nodes that have felt shotty for the past 5 months. I have a past history of carcinoma in situ of the cervix which was frozen off last April and the carcinoma in situ reoccured again in another area of my cervix several months ago which was just recently treated with the LEEP procedure over Christmas break. The biopsy came back and said in one area the margins weren't clear, and I'm worried that maybe this somehow has to do with my inguinal lymph nodes being abnormal and now this new lymph node near my breast. What do you think?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:12 am

User avatar Hi Docin08,
The biospy results that stated "margins weren't clear" has me somewhat concerned. What did your physician say about those results? Taking into consideration your history, I would advise you to call your physician for an evaluation.
 Docin08 - Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:28 pm

The GYN doctor said that he was going to continue to monitor it, so we have another appointment set up on the 30th of this month in order to do another colposcopy and biopsy and I guess see what was left behind. I've told the doctor several times about my inguinal lypmh nodes but he didn't seem too concerned about it and hasn't really even looked at it which is kind of frustrating. I have a complete physical set up next week with a different doctor (primary care) so I'm hoping they will take a closer look at it. Is there anything else I should do?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:39 pm

User avatar Hi Docin08,
The enlarged lymph nodes could be due to a previous infection and may not be related to your condition at all. However, be sure that during your physical that you bring to the attention of your physician, the areas that are enlarged including the new one near your breast, because they do need evaluated. The physician's assessment should identify if these areas are significant or just post infectious related. Please keep us posted on the results.