Question: bleeding a few hours after sex

mrsperdomo - Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:37 am

My husband and I had sex saturday morning and I went to sleep and I woke up used the bathroom and I was bleeding. I'm still bleeding and its going on tuesday feb.2 its not time for my period because I had my period on jan. 7th and its getting heavier and I'm in alot of pain and im sleeping alot... I am also on birth control loestrin 24 fe. I don't know if I got hurt during sex or if im bleeding threw my birth control. it don't look like a period though and I don't know what to do..
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:08 pm

Sometimes women have breakthrough bleeding on birth control pills. It is necessary to check this out with your doctor to see if there is some type of infection or if you need to change your prescription. Hormones react differently to each individual and sometimes it's trial and error in finding the right fit for you.