Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site. 

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: missed period on diabex regularity

sabihashaheen - Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:54 pm

hi doc, iam 29yr old married for last 2and half yr,until june 2009 i took contraceptive pills, from july my gynec (my ultrasound reports were normal).recommended me diabex 1 tablet daily which iam taking without any miss and clomid,i have taken clomid until nov 2009, my periods were regular i got my periods last on dec 10 (in nov on 7), ichecked for pregnancy on 24jan 2010 but it was negative, i have lower back pain and lot of headache.iam waiting for my periods still, doc i want to conceive soon so pls suggest .
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:06 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sometimes it takes a while to conceive even under ideal circumstances. I think you just need to continue to take your doctor's advice. Often after a woman completes a couple of cycles with clomid she goes off of it and then finds herself pregnant without taking it. It seems like it sometimes jump-starts the ovulation and then it happens naturally.

Good luck in your efforts and try to be patient.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us