Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Could she be pregnant?

HockeyGuy - Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:32 pm

My girlfriend and I had sex for the first time last weekend. It was exactly one day after she finished her period which lasted for a week. Things did not work out too well because sex was painful for her, and she was also very tight. I only really got my penis inside of her vagina once before we decided to stop because it was painful for her. Now my problem is that when I was putting on my condom I did while I was under a blanket and not watching what I was doing expecting that putting it on would be simple. It was very simply except for the fact that I started trying to put it on upside down, and then I realized that turned it over and slipped it right on no problem. However now we are both very worried because we are no where near old enough or ready for her to become pregnant. The thing that is worrying us is that, if there had been any pre cum or left over sperm on my penis from earlier that day that was not visible with the eye and therefore was not cleaned off, than this touched the outside of the condom when I put it on upside down. Then when I put it on the right way and tried to have sex, even though my penis barely entered her vagina, it could be possible for her to have gotten pregnant, I thinkā€¦ So am I right or am I wrong. I may be worried for nothing, because I am not sure how easy it actually is to get pregnant at this time in the menstrual cycle, and there may have been nothing on the outside of the condom at all, and even if there was my penis barely got inside of her vagina. But I am very afraid, and so is she and we would like an answer, but would prefer not to tell anyone that we have started having sex. Please, do not criticize me, but just tell me what you think and please help us out. It would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
PS: I also know that the only way to know for sure is probably to wait and see if she gets her next period, but that is still a few weeks away and this is just killing me, I am so afraid.
 perdrho - Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:13 pm

You're right, hockeyguy-She could get pregnant in a situation like this, I'm sorry to say.This was probably a pretty fertile time in her cycle and there is sperm in pre-cum, but to make you feel a little better, it's a very low risk, so don't do anything drastic.

You're right- get the pregnancy test at least 3 weeks after this event. If it's negative, breathe a big sigh of relief, if it isn't, I'm sure there will be help to deal with it.

Wrtie back.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us