Question: Could she be pregnant?

HockeyGuy - Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:32 pm

My girlfriend and I had sex for the first time last weekend. It was exactly one day after she finished her period which lasted for a week. Things did not work out too well because sex was painful for her, and she was also very tight. I only really got my penis inside of her vagina once before we decided to stop because it was painful for her. Now my problem is that when I was putting on my condom I did while I was under a blanket and not watching what I was doing expecting that putting it on would be simple. It was very simply except for the fact that I started trying to put it on upside down, and then I realized that turned it over and slipped it right on no problem. However now we are both very worried because we are no where near old enough or ready for her to become pregnant. The thing that is worrying us is that, if there had been any pre cum or left over sperm on my penis from earlier that day that was not visible with the eye and therefore was not cleaned off, than this touched the outside of the condom when I put it on upside down. Then when I put it on the right way and tried to have sex, even though my penis barely entered her vagina, it could be possible for her to have gotten pregnant, I thinkā€¦ So am I right or am I wrong. I may be worried for nothing, because I am not sure how easy it actually is to get pregnant at this time in the menstrual cycle, and there may have been nothing on the outside of the condom at all, and even if there was my penis barely got inside of her vagina. But I am very afraid, and so is she and we would like an answer, but would prefer not to tell anyone that we have started having sex. Please, do not criticize me, but just tell me what you think and please help us out. It would be greatly appreciated.
PS: I also know that the only way to know for sure is probably to wait and see if she gets her next period, but that is still a few weeks away and this is just killing me, I am so afraid.
 perdrho - Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:13 pm

You're right, hockeyguy-She could get pregnant in a situation like this, I'm sorry to say.This was probably a pretty fertile time in her cycle and there is sperm in pre-cum, but to make you feel a little better, it's a very low risk, so don't do anything drastic.

You're right- get the pregnancy test at least 3 weeks after this event. If it's negative, breathe a big sigh of relief, if it isn't, I'm sure there will be help to deal with it.

Wrtie back.