Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Am I Pregnant?

MCrombie - Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:11 pm

I was with my ex-boyfriend for 5 months, we slept together (unprotected) for the first time on February 15th. My last period was on February 7th and i ended on the 13th. It's now the 23rd and i still have not gotten my period. I took a pregnancy test about a week ago and it came back negative, but i've been nauseus, always tired, constantly hungry, irritable, dizzy, and my period has NEVER been late. Does it sound like i could be pregnant?
 perdrho - Wed Mar 23, 2005 6:06 pm

Take another pregnancy test. First morning urine-they are very sensitive and if it's negative-you're not pregnant, but perhaps very stressed about the pregnancy issue. I've seen it delay periods before.

Write back with the results.
 MCrombie - Thu Mar 24, 2005 9:28 am

I took another test last night and it came back negative and another one this morning and nothing showed up at all. i have dysplasia and it's turned kinda severe, could this be why i missed my period because it's gotten so bad? i had some lower stomach cramps last night but they weren't anything like what i get during my period. i know someone who took 5 pregnancy tests and they all came back negative and she went to the doctor and they confirmed she was pregnant, could this be possible?

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us