Question: PREGNANCY AND THE PILL

YOUNGCARRIEA - Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 pm

OK I HAVE BEEN ON ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO FOR 5 MONTHS NOW...IN JANUARY I SWORE I WAS PREGNANT, IT IS NOW 13 WEEKS LATER AND I AM STARTING TO FORM THAT "LINEA NEGRA" THING, I MEASURED MY "FUNDAL HEIGHT" AND IT WAS 13 CM...I HAVE TAKEN SO MANY HPTS AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE AND I HAVE TAKEN 2 BPTS ALSO NEGATIVE...MY QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS IS...IF YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE ONE THE PILL WILL YOUR PREGNANCY TEST COME BACK POSIVITE OR WILL THE COME BACK NEGATIVE? AND IF YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE ON THE PILL WILL YOU STILL GET YOUR PERIOD OR WILL IT NOT COME? (WHEN MY MOM CONCIEVED MY LITTLE BROTHER SHE WAS ON THE PILL AND SHE GOT HER PERIOD THROUGH OUT HER ENTIRE PREGNANCY, SHE WAS THREE MONTHS ALONG *THE SAME AS I WOULD BE* BEFORE SHE EVEN FOUND OUT...JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW)

THANKS SO MUCH,

CARRIE ANN

Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:20 am

User avatar Hi YOUNGCARRIEA,
A hormone produced during pregnancy is detectable in urine and blood. If the home pregnancy test is negative, and you still feel that you are pregnant, make an appointment with your health care provider and have a physical exam and labwork completed.