Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: PREGNANCY AND THE PILL

YOUNGCARRIEA - Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:18 pm

OK I HAVE BEEN ON ORTHO TRI-CYCLEN LO FOR 5 MONTHS NOW...IN JANUARY I SWORE I WAS PREGNANT, IT IS NOW 13 WEEKS LATER AND I AM STARTING TO FORM THAT "LINEA NEGRA" THING, I MEASURED MY "FUNDAL HEIGHT" AND IT WAS 13 CM...I HAVE TAKEN SO MANY HPTS AND THEY ARE ALL NEGATIVE AND I HAVE TAKEN 2 BPTS ALSO NEGATIVE...MY QUESTION FOR YOU GUYS IS...IF YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE ONE THE PILL WILL YOUR PREGNANCY TEST COME BACK POSIVITE OR WILL THE COME BACK NEGATIVE? AND IF YOU GET PREGNANT WHILE ON THE PILL WILL YOU STILL GET YOUR PERIOD OR WILL IT NOT COME? (WHEN MY MOM CONCIEVED MY LITTLE BROTHER SHE WAS ON THE PILL AND SHE GOT HER PERIOD THROUGH OUT HER ENTIRE PREGNANCY, SHE WAS THREE MONTHS ALONG *THE SAME AS I WOULD BE* BEFORE SHE EVEN FOUND OUT...JUST TO LET YOU GUYS KNOW)

THANKS SO MUCH,

CARRIE ANN

Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:20 am

User avatar Hi YOUNGCARRIEA,
A hormone produced during pregnancy is detectable in urine and blood. If the home pregnancy test is negative, and you still feel that you are pregnant, make an appointment with your health care provider and have a physical exam and labwork completed.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us