Question: C-section 9 mo ago, no period, bleeding through incision.

viola1213 - Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:59 am

I had my son by c-secion over 9 months ago. I'm a diabetic so this has been rough, My incision has taken a long time to heal. I lost my insurance 3 months after my son was born so ive only been able to see a dr at a free clinic here once in a while, and he really isnt a expert on this. (that is what he told me) anyway my incesion twice has busted open and blood GUSHED out. but one time i didnt get my period and it happened. then last month the same thing happened. no period and a week later it gushed out(my incesion had just healed) now im back to a small scab and i just missed my period again and im sure its going to happen again any minute. is this normal? is this dangerous? Im scared and have no dr to go to about this so i could REALLY use some answers here. Thank you.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:22 pm

It is important that your incision heal completely to avoid infection. You need to see a doctor about this. Diabetes is a serious disease with consequences so you cannot ignore this. I would return to the free clinic at least, or try to come up with money to see a doctor. Keep in mind that if you had regular insurance you would be needing to pay a monthly premium. The visit with the doctor would probably not cost more than a few months' premiums at most. But, there might also be public options, clinics which offer low-fee or sliding fee arrangements, etc. If there is a diabetes treatment center in your area this might be a place to begin for finding someone who could treat you.