Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Vaginal Tears

 loulou23 - Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:06 am

More often than not, I tear during sex, between my vagina and anus. This can be quite painful and blood appears on the tissue after urinating for a number of hours after. I don't have sex that regularly, when I do the girth of the penis is an average size. Why is this happening and should I be concerned? Also is there anything I can do to prevent this in future?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:24 pm

User avatar Hello,
You should see your doctor to determine if there is a physiological problem causing this. It is not typical. But, you should be sure you have adequate lubrication for sex so use something topically each time and be sure you are ready before penetration.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us