Question: Am I pregnant right after ovarian cyst removal?

Foxyroxy - Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 pm

Hi,I'm 4 and a half weeks post op for the removal of a large complex cyst via laparotomy.all went well and they managed to save my overy. At 2 weeks post op my parters seman got onto the opening of my vagina and I'm not on the pill.I am now 6 days late for my period and I'm now stressin out thinkin I'm pregnant even tho I did a test 2days ago which woz negative.so could the missed period be due to the surgery or cud the pregnancy test be wrong,any help would be apreciated
thankyou
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:08 pm

I would recommend repeating the test about a week after the first negative. if it is also negative it is unlikely you are pregnant since these are quite reliable. Not perfect, but pretty good. Whether or not you might become pregnant depends a lot on when you had sex, when you ovulated, and how the semen came to be in the opening of the vagina. If there was no penetration it would be a difficult journey.

Your period regularity can be disrupted by the surgery or other stressors.