Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Gynecology Answers List

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Pink Flesh From Vagina

 ThisIsTheDay - Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:44 pm

So recently I have been having an itching sensation in my vagina, at first I thought it was just a yeast infection so I bought Monistat at the drug store. It didn't help what so ever. And now there is big chunks of pink, and grey flesh coming out with black things in it. It has a horrible odour to it, kind of like fish. When I look in my pad it is almost an orangey pink colour. It hurts to pee and sit. I am not sexually active and never have been. But I am on birth control to control my heavy periods. Please help?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:57 am

User avatar Hello,
You need to see your healthcare provider because there are bacteria infections as well as yeast but they require different medications. You need to be sure you are treating the right one.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us