Question: Cerclage and Conisation

mayte - Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:38 pm

I am hoping that any can help me as I have quite a few concerns regarding a cerclage that my doctor has recommended.

My condition is as follows:

I am 31 years old, 1st pregnancy, 7 weeks pregnant, conisation CIN III in 2001.

Questions:
1. Is it worth having the cerclage procedure? In doing some research on this subject I am getting different answers.

2. Assuming I opt not to have the cerclage procedure what are the chances of having a pre term delivery because of the conisation?

3. Does the type of surgery for the conisation, with a laser or without a laser (I am not sure what type of procedure I had), have any consequences on the recommendation to have a cerclage?
 samir rodriguez - Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:06 am

Hello
cervical incompetence is not always the rule after conisation, somtimes conisation leads to cevical stenosis causing difficulty in labor then you might need a ceserian operation.
so you should keep on regular examination to the cervix specialy around the 12th week to see the condition of the cervix and manage your pregnancy accordingly.

thank you

samir rodriguez
physician