Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: 7 days late i have pcos and on metformin

squeekers1985 - Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:07 pm

so i've been on metformin for 5 almost 6 months every month since i've been taking it i've gotten my period between 28-32 days took one month of clomid in jan i couldn't in feb cause i had a mri to check the shape of my uterus cause with the hsg it looked heart shaped so we continued with the metformin and my mri showed i had multiple follicles (i'm hoping thats a good thing) anyways
i didn't get AF at all in feb and i'm still waiting on it i have taken 2 pregnancy tests that came out negative for cd 32 i took one on cd 33 and cd 39
i can't get in to see my doctor as he is on vacation
should i wait longer and take another test?
i'm not sure what i should do.
is it possible that i am pregnant and i just don't have enough hcg to show up on one yet?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Sun May 09, 2010 5:22 pm

User avatar Hello,
Sometimes the hcg levels are too low to be detected in an early test. I know you are anxious to find out but repeating the test after a week is really the only option aside from a serum (blood) pregnancy test which is more sensitive. Good luck in your efforts.

Best wishes

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us