Question: Depo Birth Control Shot

bvr72 - Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:43 am

What will happen If I got the Depo birth control shot and it was the day after my period and it hadn't been 2 weeks since sex only 9 days? why do some women have their period non stop for three months? could this happen to me?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:55 am

This is no problem getting the depo shot at the time you did. It is impossible in advance to say what side effects you might get from this medication. Most women stop having periods after they have used this contraceptive method for one year. Each woman is different and those who bleed are not the majority.