Question: what will i do if i missed taking the pill on the first day?

mahhrie - Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:44 pm

I always got menstruation pain and blood heavy flows everytime i have my meds on.My doctor prescribed me a LEVLEN Ed contraceptive pill,what will i do if i missed taking the pill on the first day of my menstruation period?do i still continue to take the pill on the second day of my period?I never tried to take contraceptive pills before.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:47 am

Yes you should just take them starting the second day and it should not put you at increased risk since it was at the start of the cycle. In the future if you miss one you should take two when you remember.