Question: is it safe to have sex when there's an Ovarian cyst inside?

tank2004_20 - Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:41 pm

My girlfriend of 4 months, has had pain in her low abdominal area and was diagnosed with having a cyst. It's attached to her left ovary and it's 5cm's big. she doesn't have a constant dull pain but random short sharp pains, and she's noticed her breasts being bigger and her eating has come to different cravings. She had a ultra sound and they had to evaluated it, but they said that it might go away on it's own in a couple of months and both she and I were wondering if it would be risky for her and I to have sex, because the last thing either of us want to happen is for it to burst and make her infertile or cause her more pain. please help
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:45 am

It is safe to have sex but keep in mind that her comfort should be a guide so take it easy if she has pain. I would not expect it to cause a problem unless it were particularly rough and thus increasing the pain. Let her be the guide on what she feels OK with.