Question: Chronic Pain Destroying my Life.

CarlyAnne1 - Tue Mar 29, 2005 4:36 pm

Ugh. What is wrong with doctors today? I have been suffering with Chronic Pelvic and Abdominal pain for years now. I have lots of Medical stuff diagnosed, but it seems no matter what I do no one can help me. Everytime someone can't help me, they pass me to the next doctor. They sometimes give me pain meds but don't usually want to, what the heck am I supposed to do then suffer? I just don't get it. I smoke marijuana which helps a great deal..but medical marijuana is illegal in my state still..and its expensive. I thought Doctors took some oath to help people? I honestly think they are just sick of dealing with me and want to write me off. I am always in pain, always tired, sometimes nausea and vomiting accompany. I am severaly depressed, my job is being effected..what do I do? Anyone got any suggestions? I'm desperate at this point.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 02, 2005 8:06 pm

I am so sorry to hear of how much pain you’re in, life is hard enough without the added suffering of pain. As you know, pain medications cause depression, pain causes depression and depression causes depression so where do you turn? Have you tried a pain management counselor? They can really help a lot. How far into your future are children? I hope you are seeing a Gynecologist, if you aren’t you need to find a good one and make an appointment; I think you probably are though. Have you talked to your Gynecologist about what pregnancy will do to you and if it will help or make things worse? Sometimes it really does help to have a child (I don't know what your family situation is). Maybe your only hope for a good life is to discuss the removal of your reproductive organs; this should be your absolutely last resort after everything else has been tried and you have had counseling on the long term, life changing effect of the surgery.

Your State isn’t the only one that has marijuana as an illegal drug, they all do. Actually, it isn’t illegal to write a prescription for it, you just can’t get it filled anywhere in the USA legally. It is illegal to dispense it so if you did have the drug and said you had a prescription for it the Police Officer would know you didn’t get it filled here legally. It isn’t the Doctors fault; it’s the law of our land.