Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: PID

Julie45 - Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:21 am

Hello:

Can you still get PID after a total Hysterectomy??? I've been having many problems and I feel this is what I could have.

Thank you
Julie
 samir rodriguez - Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:45 pm

Hello
what do you mean by total hystrectomy? did you remove the tubes and ovaries too?
because PID doesn't involve the uterus only, so you have to be sure of what you have .
and when the operation was done? you might have a complication of the operation it self if it was done short time ago.

thank you
 Julie45 - Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:00 am

Hi:

Everything was removed over three years ago.....This all started in Feb after I had intercourse....I've seen the GYNO (did a pap AOK) CT scan of the pelvic (AOK) ultersound (AOK)...I still have the cramps and flush feeling and plain don't feel good. No one can understand what is going on....I've been on Doyxcline, Zitromas, Flagel nothing seems to help....I'm at a lost as I don't know what is wrong and I feel awful....I do see my GI doctor as he wants to do a scoop (Butt test)....So maybe that will tell him something.

Thank you
Julie

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us