Question: PID

Julie45 - Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:21 am

Hello:

Can you still get PID after a total Hysterectomy??? I've been having many problems and I feel this is what I could have.

Thank you
Julie
 samir rodriguez - Sat Apr 09, 2005 3:45 pm

Hello
what do you mean by total hystrectomy? did you remove the tubes and ovaries too?
because PID doesn't involve the uterus only, so you have to be sure of what you have .
and when the operation was done? you might have a complication of the operation it self if it was done short time ago.

thank you
 Julie45 - Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:00 am

Hi:

Everything was removed over three years ago.....This all started in Feb after I had intercourse....I've seen the GYNO (did a pap AOK) CT scan of the pelvic (AOK) ultersound (AOK)...I still have the cramps and flush feeling and plain don't feel good. No one can understand what is going on....I've been on Doyxcline, Zitromas, Flagel nothing seems to help....I'm at a lost as I don't know what is wrong and I feel awful....I do see my GI doctor as he wants to do a scoop (Butt test)....So maybe that will tell him something.

Thank you
Julie