Question: Internal Corset in 2006; Now Pregnant; Complications?

WorriedMomToBe - Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:28 pm

I had a tummy tuck and an internal corset done in 2006 (after i had 2 children). I just found out i am 7 weeks pregnant. The surgeon that i went to told me if i was ever to get pregnant again i would need to have the corset removed.
Can this be done now while i am pregnant?
What effect will it have on my baby?
What are the risks?
Should i have the corset removed soon so it can be early in the pregnancy or should i wait till i am further along?

My first OBGYN apt isnt until another 3 weeks.

Please Help, Thanks.
Lilly
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:32 am

This is something I cannot advise about. You should call your doctor before the appointment and let the staff know you need information sooner than your routine visit. I would also suggest talking with your plastic surgeon since that was the advice you were given from him/her. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful but I haven't encountered this problem before.

Best wishes,
 WorriedMomToBe - Mon Jun 14, 2010 11:47 am

Thank you, i have made an appointment but it is not until July 30th.
As for getting more information from my plastic surgeon, that is not possible as he is in another country.