Question: Oral Contraceptive Nightmare!

GardenStateStuff - Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:00 pm

When I was 17 (am 21 now) I went to a gynecologist because of very irregular and heavy periods, accompanied by severe cramps. The gyno decided to put me on Ortho-Cyclen. Ortho-Cyclen immediately helped, and I stayed on it for about 2 ½ years. I went off the pills when I started college. And as soon as I went off them, my heavy irregular periods were back. I decided to see a new gynecologist near my college when I turned 20, who decided to conduct a sonogram and vagina ultrasound. He concluded that I had many many cysts on my ovaries, and that was why my periods had always been so off. He decided to put me on Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo. This did NOT work well with my body at all. I was on it for 6 months, and had a 2 normal menstrual periods and tons of between-cycle spotting and cramping. He had also given me Naproxen (Anaprox didn't work) for cramps. The gyno then decided to put me on Estrostep Fe. This birth control pill didn’t work at all either. In 6 months I one VERY light menstrual period, and the “usual” spotting. So, now today I went to a NEW gynecologist which is near my house. He decided to put me BACK on Ortho-Cyclen, since that was what worked in the past when I was younger. So, right now I am half-way through my last pack of Estrostep Fe. I will finish this pack, but then when do I begin my Ortho-Cyclen. I will be finished with this pack in 16 days. I will NOT get a period when I am done with the active pills, as I have not gotten more than 1 period on this pill. Should I wait until the Sunday after my next normal period to start the Cyclen? Or should I just start taking the Ortho-Cyclen immediately after, and not wait for a period? Thank you in advance!!!!
 GardenStateStuff - Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:00 pm

No one has any opinion for me :cry:

I understand we're not all doctors...I am only looking for someone's advice/opinion. I won't hold ya to it...

So does anyone have any idea on what I should do? Thank you! :P