Question: spinal

ama_nan - Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:13 pm

I am 4 weeks pp and have since had back pain in the area where the spinal was given. Tonight in the same area it became stiff and very sore. It is only in the area of the injection. Is this normal after spinal? Is this normal this far afterward? I have also had headaches that have come and gone, since they have not been constant I have assumed they are because of a change in hormones, not spinal but they continue more in the mornings and are located in the base of my head, almost in my neck. Is this something that I need to call my Dr. about or something that should be expected after delivery?
 samir rodriguez - Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:37 pm

Hello
the symptoms you are having are expected complications of the spinal anaesthesia.
the fist one is called chronic lower back pain
the second is post partum dural puncture headache (ppdh)
and all you need is bed rest, adequate fluids and analgesics.

thank you