Question: TTC AFTER A MISCARRIAGE BUT HASENT HAPPENED HELP!!

bellsy1985 - Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:00 pm

HI
I HAD A MISCARRIAGE IN SEPTEMBER OF 2003 I WENT TO THE HOSPITAL AND THEY TOLD ME IT HAD NOT PASSED YET AND THAT I HAD THE CHOICE TO GO HOME AND LET IT PASS OR THEY COULD DO A D&C IF I PERFERED. I SAID I WANTED TO GO HOME AND LET IT PASS. THEY NEVER TOLD ME TO COME BACK IN FOR A CHECK UP AND I HAVE SINCE HAD A PAPSMEAR AND RESULTS CAME BACK FINE AND THE DOC SAID EVERYTHING LOOKED FINE SINCE THEN ME AND MY FIANCE HAVE BEEN HAVING UNPROTECTED SEX. WE HAVENT BEEN TRYING TO GET PREGNANT BUT WE HAVE CERTAINLY DONE ABSOLOUTLY NOTHING TO PREVENT IT. IT KIND OF WORRIES ME THAT I HAVENT GOTTEN PREGNANT YET AND AM WORRIED SOMETHING MIGHT BE WRONG. WERE ACTUALLY TRYING NOW AND ARE GOING TO START TO PAY MORE ATTENTION TO WHEN IM OVULATING BUT IM STILL SCARED. ANYONE WITH A SIMILIAR SITUATION OR THAT CANT GIVE ME ANY ADVICE OR HELP PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

WORRIED AND SCARED, ANGELA
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:09 pm

User avatar Hello Angela,

I’m sorry to hear about your miscarriage, how far along were you? 6 months isn't alarming but it seems like a long time if you're afraid something might be wrong. This isn't a big deal, a lot of woman have negative blood, have you ever had a blood test to see if you have RH- (Rh negative) blood? You may need a shot of Rh-immune globulin. Have you talked with your OB/GYN about your fear?
 bellsy1985 - Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:19 am

i was about 7 weeks and they took some blood when i went to the er becuase i thought i had already miscarried but i hadent and the day before i misscarried was my first doctors appt. and they took like 3-4 viles of blood and also when i had a my pap they took some blood to make sure i wasnt anemic because i had had some irregular bleeding but they said the pap and the bloodwork came back just fine. also i don't have health insurance so i don't have a regular dr that i see so i don't really have anyone to discuss this with. im just curious if althought the doctor didnt say i needed a d&c if there is something that the miscarriage could have done that is preventing me from becoming pregnant that is my main concern. anymore advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, angela
 Rhonda P, CEP - Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:15 am

User avatar Hello Angela,

If you retained any tissue from your miscarriage you would have known it by now. You would have experienced vaginal discharge with a foul odor, fever from a uterine infection and maybe even some type of sepsis. Other than that, all should be fine if your Physician checked you out after that. You've had periods since than too, right?

If you have Rh-negative blood and have a miscarriage without getting a RhoGAM (Rh-immune globulin) shot, your body may be fighting you becoming pregnant with an Rh+ baby because of your Rh incompatibility. If your doctor did blood work, call and see what blood type you are, they should know.

But you don’t want to become pregnant without any prenatal care, that is such an important part of your baby’s new life, are you sure you want a baby or are you just worried you can't have one? Whatever you're feeling, you may have a County Health Department that offers Family Planning clinics you can get a check-up at, the Physicians there can answer your questions and make sure all is well for you.