Question: Birth defects due to clomid

bless_ishita - Sun Jul 04, 2010 7:19 am

Hi Doctor,

My current doctor has found anovulatory cycle in me.As I want to have baby , she wants me to keep on Clomid.I have following questions :
1) Which is the best drug between Letrozole and Clomid?
2) Is there ank risk of birth defect in babies born though clomid? If yes, is there any advance detection method of birth defect while baby is in womb?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:12 pm

Since clomid is frequently used to stimulate ovulation, there is no known risk to a fetus resulting from that treatment. Of course you need to take it as directed. I would not say one of these drugs is better than the other; just different in their actions to achieve the same results - ovulation and pregnancy.