Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Orgasm and absent clitoris

pietr - Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:55 am

I have been married for 23 years. Our sexlife has never been exiting. My husband's libido is low, which can be secondary to our problems. There is something that has always bothered us.

I cannot achieve orgasm no matter how long or short our lovemaking is. Physically everything seems to be fine but for one issue - I do not have a clitoris (never had one). What is the impact of that and can I achieve orgasm without a clitoris. No manner or method of stimulation gets me "over the top". There is a build up that I experience, but never reach the point of actual orgasm. Sex has become work rather than pleasure. Can you please advise.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 pm

Dear Pietr,

how come you don't have a clitoris?so it's a congenital abnormality (born with it)...are you sure...?! anyway, have you had kids already?

well, the clitoris is very important to achieve an orgasm ...because it has very sensitive nerve endings in it...on the other hand...some ppl don't achieve maximal orgasm through the clitoris alone.... you can check online or in a sex education book about something called the G-spot.... G-spot is a small area located about two to three inches inside the vagina on the top of the vaginal wall. Many women report increased orgasmic response, :!: ,may be this can help u!?

Best regards,

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us