Question: first time spotting, is this normal?

minnie2020 - Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:19 am

I've been on the pill for about 3 yrs now. Have stopped using the pill since March 2005 and had my first regular period the weekend before Easter weekend. But now it's only been a little over 2 weeks since the end of my period and I'm starting to see bleeding. At first I thought it was the beginning of the period, but it's 2 days now and I only see spotting.

This is the first time I've had spotting occurred. I'm a little worried since I've never had it before. Is this normal? Do you think this has something to do with the pill I was on previously? Please advise. Thank you.
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:04 am

Dear Minnie2020

this is normal...you've been on the pill for 3 years...sometimes the period just don't come..for a few months...that's called"post-pill amenorrhoea", it's normal to have some period irregularitis after stopping the pill....

don't think of it too much ...unless it was severe bleeding..
spotting for a few days before the period is normal for some ladies...so don't worry,ok?

best regards,

Dear Minnie2020

best regards,
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Mon Apr 11, 2005 11:05 am

Dear Minnie2020

best regards,