Question: Can you take Provera and Clomid at the same time?

hulagirl14 - Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:08 pm

We have been trying to concieve for a year. I have irregular periods and was prescribed Provera X10 days to start my menses. Then on Clomid from day 5-10 of my cycle. I started my period on the 3rd day of taking Provera. Should I continue to take the remaining Provera and start Clomid as prescribed even if I will be taking both at the same time?
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Since the provera is to induce your period, once it starts you should no longer need to take it. That's my understanding but of course you should do as your doctor prescribes.