Question: cold abscess and pregnanacy

bindu_pankaj2005 - Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:58 am

i am 24 year old and have a pregnanacy of 4 month and 2 days before i get to know that i m suffer from cold abscess(tuberclosis) can u pls tell me is it effect to my baby and which medicine i have to eat and also is htis medicine can make any harm to my baby
 Debbie Miller, RN - Wed Jul 21, 2010 2:17 pm

Tuberculosis should be treated in pregnancy if it is active. The initial treatment is isoniazid (INH), rifampin (RIF), and ethambutol (EMB) with Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6). It is not recommended that a pregnant woman take pyrazinamide (PZA) because we do not have enough information about this drug in pregnancy. As far as I know the cold abscess does not change the treatment here.