Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Missed menstrual cycle

Jen - Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:19 am

I have been on birth control for a couple of years. However, this month I failed to take my pills on time at the beginning of the pack. I did take them once I remembered, but I did have intercourse without a condom during the middle of my pack. Now I am a week late on my period. Could I be pregnant? Or what could be going on?

Jen
 ttgirl - Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:17 am

hi i missed my period for up to 3months . i have done the self pregnancy test kit myself myself at home and it was negative. i have gone to the hospital to do a blood preg test it was also negative. now i am scared and don't know what is happening. could you please advice me on what to do . thanks
 ttgirl - Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:28 am

what is ectopic pregnancyand its implication please.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 pm

User avatar Jen: How many pills did you forget to take, and when did you remember to take them?

ttgirl: After missing a period for 3 months, if this were an ectopic pregnancy you would know it by now. There would be severe abdominal pain. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible to find the cause of the missed cycle, as there are many different causes, it cannot be diagnosed without an examination by a doctor.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us