Question: Missed menstrual cycle

Jen - Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:19 am

I have been on birth control for a couple of years. However, this month I failed to take my pills on time at the beginning of the pack. I did take them once I remembered, but I did have intercourse without a condom during the middle of my pack. Now I am a week late on my period. Could I be pregnant? Or what could be going on?

Jen
 ttgirl - Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:17 am

hi i missed my period for up to 3months . i have done the self pregnancy test kit myself myself at home and it was negative. i have gone to the hospital to do a blood preg test it was also negative. now i am scared and don't know what is happening. could you please advice me on what to do . thanks
 ttgirl - Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:28 am

what is ectopic pregnancyand its implication please.
 Shana Johnson, CNA - Fri Nov 11, 2005 12:06 pm

User avatar Jen: How many pills did you forget to take, and when did you remember to take them?

ttgirl: After missing a period for 3 months, if this were an ectopic pregnancy you would know it by now. There would be severe abdominal pain. You should consult a doctor as soon as possible to find the cause of the missed cycle, as there are many different causes, it cannot be diagnosed without an examination by a doctor.