Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: omga 3 and laser in pregnancy

AURORA3 - Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:20 am

Hello,
I have 3 Q:
1-is it safe to use flax seed oil cap which is the source of omega 3 in pregnancy from 1st trimester
2-is it safe to do laser for hair removal(groin area) during 1st trimester
3-is it safe to do fraxel or mesotherapy for the face during preg
 Debbie Miller, RN - Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:46 pm

User avatar Hello,
Flax seed oil is a good source of omega 3s in pregnancy so yes, take these. As for the procedures, I doubt there is a problem with the laser hair removal but I would avoid any unnecessary procedures in pregnancy, including the mesotherapy because we don't know a lot about the newer treatments. We do know there is about a 5% chance of birth defects and most of these we do not know the cause of so it's always a good idea to be safe and consider the risks and benefits. Pregnancy is a temporary condition and many things can wait until later.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us