Question: Infertility medication

jeanine - Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:13 am

I've been on cycles of clomid on and off for the past three years. Resulting in four misscarriages. I've tried several other types of infertility options but clomid has been the most successful. I would love to obtain a presciption for this medication for I no longer have insurance through work.
 hypochondriac2184 - Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:14 pm

Hi, I have been taking non precription herbal stuff called FertilAid. I'm not pregnant yet, but I've only been taking it for a week and my charting indicates I am approaching ovulation....I got a 3 month supply for $67.00 tax included......
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:18 pm

User avatar Hello Jeanine,

I’m so sad to hear of your difficulty carrying a child. I hope you find something to help. Do you have Childbirth help centers or Health Departments around the area that may be able to direct you to clinics that have State funding to help with costs? I doubt you will find a Physician to give you a prescription without seeing you, it’s illegal. Clomid (clomiphene citrate) is a nonsteroidal ovulatory stimulant and requires regular blood work and doctor visits before prescriptions can be written. Long-term cyclic therapy is not recommended beyond a total of about six cycles and you should be closely monitored for ovulation during each cycle. You don't want to become pregnant without knowing it, fetal abnormalities have been reported in women taking Clomid during early pregnancy.