Question: Cervical Biopsy said Condylamatous Changes?????

vwladybuggy - Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:49 am

Cervical biopsy said condylamatous changes compatible with HPV, and mild to moderate dysplasia. Do I have genital warts? Is this considered to be low risk or high risk hpv if it is condylamotous? Don't really understand.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:13 pm

There are many varieties of HPV and this describes the nature of the cells they found. It does not mean you have genital warts, though you might. I would ask to discuss the findings with your doctor to be sure you have a thorough understanding of the condition. This term does not necessarily suggest a specific degree of HPV; just a type of cell that was noted.