Question: TTC

magnolia - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:21 am

Hi ,
I am 29 years and my spouse 35 and we have been trying to conceive since the last 2 months.I am not on any medications but my spouse is insulin dependent since 2000. Will there be any problem in conceiving since my spouse id diabetic and is it necesary that i should take folic acid or prenatal vitamins. Should i wait for say 2 months before i visit a doctor or do i have to visit one now.
 samir rodriguez - Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Hello
diebetes in males has nothing to do with having children as long as his sexual function is normal.
about taking any thing before pregnancy the only suplement which is recommended is folic acid till the 13th week of pregnancy which is belived to protect from fetal abnormalities.
that's ofcourse provided you are in good health and not anaemic.

thank you