Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: TTC

magnolia - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:21 am

Hi ,
I am 29 years and my spouse 35 and we have been trying to conceive since the last 2 months.I am not on any medications but my spouse is insulin dependent since 2000. Will there be any problem in conceiving since my spouse id diabetic and is it necesary that i should take folic acid or prenatal vitamins. Should i wait for say 2 months before i visit a doctor or do i have to visit one now.
Thanks
 samir rodriguez - Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:03 pm

Hello
diebetes in males has nothing to do with having children as long as his sexual function is normal.
about taking any thing before pregnancy the only suplement which is recommended is folic acid till the 13th week of pregnancy which is belived to protect from fetal abnormalities.
that's ofcourse provided you are in good health and not anaemic.

thank you

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us