Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: TTC

magnolia - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:26 am

Hi ,
I am 29 years and my spouse 35 and we have been trying to conceive since the last 2 months.I am not on any medications but my spouse is insulin dependent since 2000. Will there be any problem in conceiving since my spouse id diabetic and is it necesary that i should take folic acid or prenatal vitamins. Should i wait for say 2 months before i visit a doctor or do i have to visit one now.
Thanks
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:49 am

User avatar Hello magnolia,

I would recommend getting a physical prior to becoming pregnant, get complete bloodwork, pap if one is due and urinalysis done to make sure your pregnancy will start out on the right foot. Have your doctor give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins, they have the right amount of folic acid in them for a new mother’s body. “Prenatal Z” prescription is a good brand for woman that gets morning sickness if you have it in your area. Your husband should discuss his concerns with his doctor about the possibility of low sperm count being caused from the insulin or diabetes. He may want to get a sperm count done just to make sure everything is good.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us