Question: TTC

magnolia - Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:26 am

Hi ,
I am 29 years and my spouse 35 and we have been trying to conceive since the last 2 months.I am not on any medications but my spouse is insulin dependent since 2000. Will there be any problem in conceiving since my spouse id diabetic and is it necesary that i should take folic acid or prenatal vitamins. Should i wait for say 2 months before i visit a doctor or do i have to visit one now.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:49 am

User avatar Hello magnolia,

I would recommend getting a physical prior to becoming pregnant, get complete bloodwork, pap if one is due and urinalysis done to make sure your pregnancy will start out on the right foot. Have your doctor give you a prescription for prenatal vitamins, they have the right amount of folic acid in them for a new mother’s body. “Prenatal Z” prescription is a good brand for woman that gets morning sickness if you have it in your area. Your husband should discuss his concerns with his doctor about the possibility of low sperm count being caused from the insulin or diabetes. He may want to get a sperm count done just to make sure everything is good.