Question: Abruption Placentae (PIH) and new pregnancy

mypinoytax - Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:12 am

I had abruptio placentae due to PIH and lost my 33-34 week old boy last 01/25. Now I'm 12 weeks pregnant and was advised by my OB to be extra more careful.
I'm so worried because I had small amount of brown discharge this afternoon and I'm experiencing pelvic pain as it is quite hard for me to walk or get up from bed.
I just seen my OB three days ago, do I need to see her again for this?

Thanks.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Thu Aug 05, 2010 11:38 am

The discharge you have had does not bring up any red flags for danger but sound quite normal. When it is brown it just means it is older blood finally being released. Perhaps it was trapped for a time. I do not think you need an extra visit at this time but try to rest when possible to see if the pain resolves.

It is understandable for you to be worried, but try to reduce your stress as much as possible since the cortisol (stress hormones) could have negative effects in ways we don't fully understand. We do know that relaxation, meditation and decreased stress helps you to have a healthy pregnancy. Abruptio is something you can really not control; just one of those accidents that happen.