Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: Yeast infection, discharge turns yellow after Monostat-1

LilyLu - Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 am

One month ago I had a severe UTI for which I was prescribed Bactrim. On the second day of that antibiotic I became violently ill and had to be treated for a reaction to that drug. I was given another antibiotic which cleared up the infection.
I began having yeast infection symptoms (White thick/pasty discharge, severe itching, very sleepy) a few days ago, and purchased Monostat-1 (ovule) 3 days ago and applied it immediately)
Yesterday I noticed my discharge was no longer bright white, but instead is pale bright yellow. Initially I thought it could have been from urine, since I noticed this when I was in the restroom. Last night I had cramps similar to menstrual cramps. This morning, before I used the restroom I confirmed that the discharge itself has turned yellow. I have not used the 1-day treatments before, but have never had this happen with the 3-day or 7-day creams. The itching has subsided to almost nothing, and as of this morning the cramps seem to have gone away. One of the side effects I read on the Monostat-1 ovule was abdominal cramping.
I have had the same partner (my husband of 3 years) for the last 7 years and have no reason to believe he has been unfaithful during that time.
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:18 pm

User avatar Hello,
I would just watch this and see if it changes. The fact it is not foul-smelling is encouraging but infections do sometimes result in color changes so if it continues you should have it checked.

Best wishes.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us