Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge ( does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Gynecology

Question: swollen, spotting, adominable pain and fatigue

 kt7373 - Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:40 pm

Hi. I wrote before a few days ago because I was having spotting and abdominable pain a week after my period had ended, but now that has seemed to go away but I am now swollen down there and and feeling sick.. fatigued, have really red dry eyes and a little bit of a sore throat. Could this just be a simple infection? Should I see a doctor? Thanks.
 Rhonda P, CEP - Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:30 am

User avatar Hello Kt7373,

I really think you should go get a check-up and bloodwork done. With the line of work you’re doing, you can’t allow your immunities to become compromised. You should also have your Hepatitis series done, TB screening, and your immunizations up to date if you haven’t already done so.

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

  • Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

  • Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us