Medical Specialty >> Gynecology

Doctors Lounge - Gynecology Answers

Back to Gynecology Answers List

If you think you may have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately. Doctors Lounge (www.doctorslounge.com) does not recommend or endorse any specific tests, physicians, products, procedures, opinions, or other information that may be mentioned on the Site.

DISCLAIMER: The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician. Please read our 'Terms and Conditions of Use' carefully before using this site.

Date of last update: 10/14/2017.

Forum Name: Obstetrics

Question: Abdominal Cramps

jterry - Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:04 am

I was having severe adominal cramps as of Sunday. My period had not come, it was supposed to come teh week of April 5th, but took a pregnancy test Sunday and it was negative. I was not bleeding, so I was confused that I was having normal menstal cramps minus the period. SO I went to the doxtors...I'm 2 weeks pregnant!!! I'm so excited! I told my doctor about the cramping and he said it was normal, if fact a lot of women cramp when the egg is finding it's place in your cervix. He took a blookd tes and my HCG levels matched at where it needed to be with the 2 week diagnosis. My concern is the cramps. It is THursday now, and it was been intense cramps for 34 days now. It was so bad that it woke me from my sleep last night. I guess I'm really scared tha something is worng, even though I am not bleeding and my doctor is not concerend. DOes this sound like a miscarriage or eptopic pregnancy? Should I be concerned?
 NikkyLeClair - Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:38 am

I am glad to hear about your pregnancy! I had cramps for the first few weeks w/both of my pregnancies, just watch for bleeding.

Nikky
 jterry - Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:10 pm

But was yours non stop annoying cramps. It doesn't seemlike I have abreak from the cramps. SIitting down is most comfortable

| Check a doctor's response to similar questions

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us