Question: determination of cause of hymen breakage

hirasohrab - Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:17 am

can u plzzzz tell me if a gynaecologist can find how the hymen of a particular girl was broken either by sexual activity or physical activity like riding a horse or a bicycle or she can only find if it is intact or not without the reason of its breakage please answer me i shall be highly grateful
 Debbie Miller, RN - Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:32 pm

It would be impossible to determine the cause of the hymen breaking. The result of any way it could happen will be the same. The hymen (intact or broken) is not considered a good indicator of virginity or lack thereof.